The Capital Support Office is recruiting for an skilled Receptionist – primarily based in Sandton.
The Capital Hotels and Apartments is the fastest rising hotel group in South Africa & are the leaders & specialists in the extended stay/serviced apartment/apartment hotel sector. We’re presently constructing two properties per year. This high paced development requires ambitious and gifted employees and provides such workers with promotional opportunities as they move into our newly constructed properties.
We’re a privately owned – owner operated firm. This implies we make decisions quick and leave corporate bureaucracy behind!
WHY WORK FOR US?
Our employees love coming to work as they really feel respected, appreciated, heard, successful and secure. Imagine an organization where managers don’t manage managers, we’re all simply doers.
Making decisions in regard to our best workers also comes quick, where we recognise talent & reward it quickly through promotions. We don’t have to or need to wait for approval. We recruit on experience however promote on values — the core of which is rigor, disciplined thought and disciplined action.
You will be responsible for (but not restricted to):
- Answer, screen and forward incoming calls to the correct department or appropriate person
- Welcome visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
- Maintain and update the workers/department directory
- Provide basic and accurate info in-person and through telephone/e-mail
- Carry out general admin duties as and when required
- Computer Literate (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Internet)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette and skills
- Basic/intermediate typing and admin skills
- Hands-on Problem-Solving approach and the ability to stay calm under pressure and take control of incidents and investigations
- Capability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Honest and trustworthy beyond approach
- Great attention to detail
- Presentable and well spoken
- Ability to remain highly confidential and be able to treat sensitive info with the highest level of diplomacy
Please note that relocation costs will be on your own expense should your application be successful and you reside outside of the JHB Area.